If you have not yet installed Designer SE 4D* Embroidery Software, insert your 4D* Embroidery Software CD, (4D* Quickfont, 4D* Organizer, Computer Connection) and follow the instructions.
Designer SE update version 12536:
The update has all the features from earlier update versions including the possibility to use the DESIGNER™ Splendid Square Hoop (120x120).
Designer SE update version 12501:
The update has all the features from earlier update versions including the great "cut jump stitches" feature.
Designer SE update version 12382:
Exciting news! Thanks to input and feedback from Designer SE owners and educators, there is a new Smart Update version 12382 for your Husqvarna Viking Designer SE.
The update addresses your questions on the Sensor Q Foot for free motion and embroidery (and the optional Open Toe Free Motion Spring Foot for free motion quilting and artistry--coming as a special bonus free with the Fab-U-Motion with Stitch Regulator for a limited time only). Now simply go to the SET menu and select the Sensor Q Foot setting. Also, this new version has updates to better handle color changes during embroidery and using the STOP feature with needle down when decorative stitching.
Designer SE update version 12124:
- Cut Jump Stitches
The Designer SE will automatically Cut Jump Stitches (on embroidery designs with trim commands inserted). As you embroider, the top jump stitch thread will be cut and pulled to the underside of the fabric. The Cut Jump Stitches feature is selected in the SET menu.
- Important: When updating earlier Designer SE machines with version 12124 or higher the Cut Jump Stitches feature requires a mechanical upgrade by your authorized Husqvarna Viking Dealer to function properly. Until your Designer SE is upgraded, turn off Cut Jump Stitches in the SET menu.
- Note: Purchase design collections marked “Cut jump stitch trim command for Designer SE” to automatically Cut Jump Stitches.
- You can insert jump stitch trim commands to any design in Husqvarna Viking 4D* Embroidery Software.
- Some embroidery designs you purchase may have trim commands. To check this, stitch the design or open the design in Stitch Editor to see the trim commands.
- Go to Embroidery Stitch Number
Select a color and touch the Go to Stitch Icon to bring up a keypad. Enter the number of the stitch you wish to go to (in the selected color). Close the keypad pop-up by touching go to the requested stitch number.
Embroidery Time Left
The time to embroider the selected color is displayed above the Step by Color button, and is recalculated as the stitches embroider.
Thread Color Name
Select Quick Help and touch a color, to see the manufacturer’s name of the thread color pop up on the screen.
- Stitches G44-45 (Children Stitches) Create and decorate fun projects for all ages.
- Stitches N42-44 (Fashion stitches) 3 new Fashion Stitches to add stylish embellishment to your projects.
How to update with USB cable:
- Click on the link below to download the update file. You need a file compression utility to open the file (WinZip or similar).
- Click on the .exe file to start the Update Wizard. You may get Security Warnings. Click Run to continue.
- The DESIGNER SE™ Update Wizard will start. Follow the instructions on you computer screen.
- When the update is complete your DESIGNER SE™ will automatically restart.