If you have not yet installed the Embroidery Machine Communication or registered your DESIGNER DIAMOND™, insert your Embroidery Machine Communication CD, (4D Organizer, 4D QuickFont) and follow the on-screen instructions.
DESIGNER DIAMOND™ update version 2926-5144:
- The new update now includes all languages (same as in Designer SE).
- Based on customer feedback we have also made some minor corrections and improvements.
How to download:
- Connect your DESIGNER DIAMOND™ to the computer with the USB Cable. Turn your DESIGNER DIAMOND™ on. Make sure the DESIGNER DIAMOND™ icon at the bottom right of your computer screen is active (active , not active ).
If you don't find the DESIGNER DIAMOND™ tray icon:
Open 4D Configure. Click on the Send 1 tab and click on the "Embroidery machine Communication" button for DESIGNER DIAMOND™.
If you only have an inactive Designer Diamond tray icon:
Make sure your DESIGNER DIAMOND™ is turned on and connected to your computer.
Please Note: You must use the same USB port as when you activated the DESIGNER DIAMOND™ communication at installation.
- Connect your computer to the Internet
- Open the program 4D Configure (Go to Start/All Programs/4D Embroidery System/4D Configure).
- Click on “Smart Update”. You may be asked if your system has a dongle. Answer No.
- The program starts searching for the latest update version for your DESIGNER DIAMOND™ and a list with suggested downloads is presented.
- Click on "Download" and save the download to your computer. Note the location saved in.
How to update:
Please be aware that if you select “Restore to default factory embroidery disk” in “Advanced Options” of the update program all user data (designs and U-menu) will be lost during this update. A power failure during a software update might crash the user disk and a full software update would be needed after this. So, be advised to backup your important files before any software updates!
- Turn off your DESIGNER DIAMOND™.
- Double click on the downloaded file to start the installation.
- You may get an Open file – Security Warning. Click Run to continue.
- The DESIGNER DIAMOND™ software update program will start. Follow the instructions given on screen.
- When the Update is complete your DESIGNER DIAMOND™ will automatically restart.