Sew eyelets for laces, belts, shower rings, and more.
1. Zigzag stitch, width 2–3 (adjust as needed to clear Eyelet Plate), drop feed teeth.
2. Insert Eyelet Plate into needle plate. Snap off presser foot, remove ankle as needed.
3. Place fabric in small hoop. Poke a small hole for eyelet. (Use Eyelet Cutter or Buttonhole Knife.)
4. Work the hole over the eyelet plate finger.
5. Bring bobbin thread to top and wrap top and bobbin thread around the finger to anchor them.
6. Lower presser foot.
7. Stitch zigzag turning fabric as you stitch to zigzag around the eyelet. After stitching around the eyelet once, clip any thread tails, increase stitch width as desired, and zigzag around eyelet a second time.
Help yourself to a bit of inspiration:
Browse our complete accessory catalogue to find just the right prop.
Visit the store nearest you:
Sign up for our newsletter to see what smart sewers are reading.
Keeping the World Sewing
VIKING® is trademarks of Singer Sourcing Limited LLC. HUSQVARNA and the “crowned H-mark” are trademarks of Husqvarna AB. All trademarks are used under license by Singer
Sourcing Limited LLC. ©2016 Singer Sourcing Limited LLC. All rights reserved.
/Accessories/Eyelet Plate 6 MM